DAEHAN Orifice Plate With Flange
DAEHAN Paddle-Type Orifice Plates are used with Orifice Flange
Unions.All outer diameters of the plates are machined, providing a
uniformlycircular disc. This results in a high degree of concentricity of
the Orifice boreand the plate outer diameter. Next, handles are carefully
welded on. Theplates are then sanded in special machines to a
prescribed finish. Bankplates and plates with popular bore size are
stocked continuously. Eachplate is stamped on its handle with line
size, flange rating, Orifice bore andplate material. DAEHAN maintains a
stock in Type 304 and 316 StainlessSteel in standard thickness. Other
size and materials are available onrequest.
1) Concentric Edge
The bore and bevel is the standard of limiting the plate edge thickness.
Thebevel is machined on a 45 angle to the desired edge thickness.
Unlessotherwise specified, plates will be bevelled to 1/50 of the line
I.D. or 1/8of the Orifice bore, minimum governing.
Eccentrically bored plates are plates with the Orifice offcenter,or
eccentric, as opposed to concentric. The bore of theeccentric Orifice
normally is inscribed in a circle with is 98%of the pipe diameter, so
that solids or slurries may passthrough, Eccentric Orifice plates are
used in many industriesincluding heavy and light chemicals, steel,
paper, atomic andpetrochemicals.
Segmentally bore Orifice plates are provided formeasurements where
solides are entrained in a gas or liquidflow stream. The circular portion
of the bore is inscribedwithin a circle which is normally 98% of the
pipe diameter.The segmental opening may be placed either at the top
orbottom of the pipe. Industries using these bores includesewage
treatment, steel, chemical, water conditioning, paper,and
4) Advantage of orifice
- Low cost
- Easy to installation
- Availability to comprehensive with standard (ISO 5167-2)
- No requirement for calibration – Value of the discharge coefficient from the standard
- Availability of different desire available (Viscos fluid, Bi-direction flow, suspense solid
5) Disadvantage of orifice
- Low turndown (Improve by 2 DP)
- High pressure loss (35% to almost 100% of measured DP depend on beta ratio)
- Error due to erosion/damage of upstream edges
- Error due to high sensibility to upstream installation (especially large Beta device)