Sludge Finder 2
A proven maintenance-free sludge interface measurement system worldwide
Pulsar's Sludge Finder 2 is a versatile and reliable solution to measuring interface levels in primary or secondary settlement tanks and Sequencing Batch Reactor (SBR) systems. A self-cleaning transducer removes the need for regular inspection.
Programming Sludge Finder 2 is simple, all you need to do is enter the operating parameters via a menu driven operator interface and then Sludge Finder 2 automatically tracks to the blanket interface using proven echo processingtechniques. This unit can also be configured using Pulsar's PC Suite software.
Sludge Finder 2 Features
- Continuous single or dual channel level control choice
- Self-cleaning transducer removes need for regular inspection
- SBR tank applications can be monitored
- Easy set-up via a drop-down menu on a large clear display
- Unit can track two different echoes with one transducer and output two 4-20mA signals one for each interface
- Optional Radio Telemetry System may be fitted with a 3km (1.86miles) line-of-sight range. Up to 48 Nodes can be used using a 'Multihop' receiver installation.
How Sludge Finder 2 works
The unique Viper transducer is immersed in the liquid and emits a high frequency ultrasonic pulse down towards the sludge interface. This pulse is reflected from the interface of the denser material back to the Viper transducer face. This echo is then analysed by the Sludge Finder 2 controller unit and provides a depth reading and an analogue output proportional to the height of the interface above the vessels bottom.
Sludge Finder 2 can also be set up to display two interface points and control the process via the echo profile returned from the transducer. One of the primary benefits of this feature, is that Sludge Finder 2 has the ability to monitor sludge interface levels of differing densities. This feature could reveal a high level of FLOC spilling, causing pollution and unit can output two isolated 4-20mA signals, one for each interface.
- Primary and secondary settlement tanks
- Clarifiers and reactor clarifiers
- Stationary and travelling bridge applications
- Gravity thickeners
- DAF thickeners
- Sequentional batch reaction (SBR) tanks
- Industrial process thickeners